Wednesday 31 October 2012

Reading 5-7 Arsenal - Video and some brief thoughts on a crazy night


I'm still feeling a bit traumatised after last night's match against Reading. It was just a crazy night. Reality was definitely on the blink there for a while.

After 20 minutes, when we went 3-0 down, I said On Twitter:
"Reading won't have expected to be 3-0 up after 20 minutes. Their game plan will have gone to pot. Wenger's secret ploy:-) #AFC"
Then, after 37 minutes, we were 4-0 down. The pre-Halloween horror show was complete (as it turned out).

Normally I would be distraught if we were 4-0 down in a game but for some reason that I can't put my finger on, I still felt that we could get back into it. Insane thought though that was.

I did think briefly about turning off the TV, but then I kept thinking: "If they do come back and I turn off, I will have missed the greatest comeback of all time."

So I stuck with it even though it was like torture.* In fact, I thought about having a bet on it. I didn't only because I haven't got a betting app on my phone and the computer was in the other room and I'm lazy. Besides, I was just being crazy, wasn't I? It wasn't really going to happen.

As it turned out, it was probably a very expensive mistake. The odds must have been phenomenal. Probably 500-1 or something, I expect. I should have trusted my instincts more.

But then, equally, I could easily have been sitting here now typing away after Arsenal failed to make a comeback and I had just wasted ten quid on a hunch.

Now, after reliving my trauma, I'm off for a quick lie down. And possibly a large vodka.

Laters!

* In the unlikely event that anyone reading this has actually been tortured or knows someone who has, I apologies. I realise it is only football – I don't wish to make light of your plight!


Share via Social Network

Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment